Recommends policies that enhance voter integrity in lead up to 2024 elections
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Honest Elections Project released a new report titled, Safeguarding Our Elections: Critical Reforms to Secure Voter Integrity and Rebuild Confidence in Americans Elections. The report details 14 steps state government officials can take to better secure elections, which include:
- Ban Ranked-Choice Voting.
- Block “Zuck Bucks 2.0” and other private election funding schemes.
- Stop foreign influence in elections.
- Require transparency and robust post-election audits of election processes and procedures.
- Ban non-citizen voting in all elections.
- Consolidate election dates.
- Ensure that elected lawmakers write election laws.
- Require prompt and accurate election results.
- Maintain clean and accurate voter rolls.
- Protect the integrity of the voter registration process.
- Secure early and mail voting laws.
- Protect vulnerable mail ballots.
- Require Voter ID for every ballot.
- Investigate and prosecute election crimes.
Jason Snead, Executive Director of Honest Elections Project, released the following statement:
“The Safeguarding Our Elections report provides a wide array of policy recommendations that would help secure elections, boost voter confidence in election outcomes, and increase voter participation. As we head into a presidential election year, it is more important than ever to pass laws making it easy to vote and hard to cheat in all 50 states. This report provides a blueprint to do exactly that.”
The full report with detailed policy prescriptions can be found on the Honest Elections Project website here.